I organize my kitchen in September for all the fall and winter holidays. I love to cook in the fall so I make sure my kitchen is ready and in stock. My kitchen essentials #1 is the first in a series of kitchen essentials posts I will be doing. Maybe I will post these on Friday’s for weekend shopping . I have my Sunday farmer’s market day and I look forward to that day. Here is my bare bones essentials that I use daily. Good if your just starting a kitchen and great for making most of my recipes.
1. Large canister filled with large spoons , whisk, soup ladle, spatulas.
2. Cheese grater (any size is good)
4. salt and pepper
5. coffee press (makes great coffee)
6. potato peeler.
8. cutting board (any size will do )
9. 10″ knife and 10″ fork
10. small strainer
11. cake spatula
12. hand mixer
13. measuring cups ( a must )
14. hand-held juicer ( I use this all the time )
1. wine opener
2. cheese slicer
3. can opener
4. desert spatula
5. ice cream scooper
6. pizza cutter
7. food scissors
8. sharp steak knife
9. bread knife
10. 10″ knife
11. carving knife
1. cream napkins (I use these for bread baskets and guest napkins )
2. good pot holders (make sure they are thick )
3. canvas bag (My fresh and easy bag I carry everywhere)
4. a good apron (this one is from Target)
5. garden shovel
You can buy coffee beans and use the grinder at your local Trader Joe’s and store the coffee in a stainless steel container. With a French coffee press you will have great coffee to impress any out-of-town guest.
Thanks abeachcottage for good life Wed !