The Mediterranean diet is not only a weight loss and maintenance diet, it’s also one of the healthiest way of eating in the world. It’s also called “Mediterranean cuisine” as it is the traditional eating lifestyle of the Mediterranean people. By following the Mediterranean Diet you will be able to avoid the frequent hunger pangs and increase your metabolism.
What is the easiest way to start the Mediterranean diet?
Choosing natural, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seafood, olive oil, nuts, avocados, yogurt, and cheese to make up the bulk of your diet is the easiest way to make your diet more like the Mediterranean Diet.
- Cook “Unique plates” (Plates that mix carbs and proteins together)
- Make olive oil your primary source of dietary fat
- Incorporate an abundance of food from plant sources, including fruits and vegetables, breads, grains, beans, nuts, and seeds
- Reduce the consumption of red meat
- Eat low to moderate amounts of fish and poultry weekly
- Eat low to moderate amounts of cheese and yogurt daily
- Drink a moderate amount of wine (up to one to two glasses per day for men and up to one glass per day for women).
- It’s easy to follow the Mediterranean Diet because…It’s convenient, tasty and quick!
I have had some emails asking how I stay fit . (#8 on the ten things we want to do for the summer ). I have always been on the Mediterranean diet, but I stop eating fast foods and I cook almost all our meals now. Pasta is what I have around the house all week-long. I make a cold pasta salad with veggies, apples and green onions and olive oil and put it in a container and keep it in the refrigerator. I eat fish and chicken at least 2 times a week and I love to eat breads and grains. I carry a water bottle with me everywhere. I exercise at least 3 to 5 times a week. I feel great !
My signature dinner has always been Spaghetti . I am a pretty good cook (my mom is a fantastic cook ) and I make a mean spaghetti dinner , and the kids know what they are going to eat when they come over. Spaghetti, fresh basil salad and french bread and olive oil. Now I have a sweet tooth so a double chocolate cake is always on the menu .
My breakfast is usually 2 soft-boiled farm fresh eggs, sprouted toast, 1/2 grapefruit, green tea with trivia or Greek yogurt topped with berries
My lunch is sometimes a sprouted bread cucumber sandwich or pasta with chicken and always fresh fruit.
My dinner is basil tomato salad with french bread and olive oil and sometimes I add grilled fish and a glass of red wine.
Information from the mediterranean book. and this website will also send you a free Mediterranean diet plan.